- Full Time
- Industry: Service
- PMTC#: 9191438
- November 20, 2021
BEHCO is looking for an energetic and motivated Junior Buyer to join our team at our home office in Warren, Michigan. BEHCO is a full service pneumatic, hydraulic, lubrication, motion control, and automation distributor, with in-house engineering and value-add manufacturing capabilities.
As a Junior Buyer, you will assist with purchasing and expediting materials, supplies and services at the most favorable terms for the organization. The Junior Buyer will issue purchase orders, ensure purchase order pricing and delivery dates are confirmed by suppliers track open purchase orders and resolve invoice discrepancies. The position will support Purchasing initiatives and projects.
• Assess and assure supply chain sources are capable of meeting and exceeding quality expectations through supplier evaluations, while insuring adequate capacity for on-time delivery and a commitment to continuous improvement.
• Verification of purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to requirements, clarifying unclear items.
• Recommend cost effective alternatives from suppliers for substitute items, while obtaining approval from requesting department.
• Prepare purchase orders by verifying specifications and price.
• Monitor and expedite orders, resolve shipment errors with suppliers.
• Facilitate and support the return and replacement of material.
• Assist with process to obtain of credits by following corrective action per Company objectives and guidelines.
• Implement strategies which support company and corporate metrics, such as low-cost sourcing, total cost goals, supplier reduction and on-time delivery.
Background & Experience
• Prior purchasing experience is a plus, but not required.
• Associates degree, working towards a degree, or equivalent work experience desired.
• Willingness to learn, be coached, and collaborate in a friendly, team environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products, particularly Excel.
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent data-entry skills – must possess both speed and accuracy.
• Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
• Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback.
• Customer Focus: Understanding and meeting the needs of customers and addressing the interests and concerns of all organization stakeholders.
· Professionalism: Dealing directly and forthrightly with people and problems, persisting to get the job done.
Join the BEHCO Team
We are a growing and financially sound organization that provides interesting and challenging work to our team members, a family-like atmosphere, and value-added solutions to our customers.
Employees are offered competitive pay and benefits, including health, dental and life insurance; 401(k) with partial company match; profit-sharing plan; auto allowance; mobile phone allowance; and tuition reimbursement program.
BEHCO is an equal opportunity employer. At BEHCO, we are committed to treating all applicants and associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org