- Full Time
- Industry: Manufacturing
- PMTC#: 7786761
- December 22, 2021
Website Dana Incorporated
GENERAL SUMMARY: Perform a variety of maintenance, repair and continuous improvement functions on plant equipment and machinery with limited direction and guidance. Support manufacturing operations in a spirit of teamwork and cooperation. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion. Safely, professionally and efficiently, complete machine repairs and rebuilds per line-up and documentation.
* 1. Troubleshoot and repair machinery and equipment with minimal supervision using safe techniques and schematics. Perform electrical tasks and incidental work as needed to achieve assigned task. Perform electronic component replacement per familiarity and/or training. Verify equipment as functional and leave the area clean and safe.
* 2. Operate in response to requests by maintenance supervisor or support personnel and set priorities as required to maximize equipment uptime.
* 3. Gather and maintain a complete set of required tools, including calipers, dial indicators, electrical meters and other diagnostic and measurement devices. Utilize diagnostic tools and techniques to define problem areas and assist with resolution. Utilize measurement devices to hold print tolerances and industry standards while performing machine repairs and assembly.
* 4. Participate in preventive and predictive maintenance programs to improve operational uptime and equipment life. Recommend improvements and/or changes to PM systems/tasks when applicable.
* 5. Follow designated work instructions as outlined for specific functions. These include, but are not limited to; PM work orders, continuous improvement tasks, new installation line-ups, and repair/refurbish assignments.
* 6. Update drawings/prints, suggest spare parts and suitable replacements, and perform various forms of machine repair/rebuild in a professional manner per line-up and schematics.
* 7. Follow standard practices and all governmental regulations and laws relating to powered equipment.
* 8. Perform other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* 1. Journeyman’s card or equivalent work experience.
* 2. High school diploma or equivalent.
* 3. Ability to pass a Maintenance Technician aptitude test.
* 4. Knowledge of industrial, mechanical and electrical codes, techniques and standards. Familiarity with government regulations for industry and safe work practices dealing with machine repair.
* 5. Must have strong background in mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, robotic arms, and overall machine troubleshooting skills.
* 6. Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical circuits and systems up to 110 volts.
* 7. Familiarity with complex machinery, electrical circuits, and plant operating equipment. Should maintain a sense of urgency, self-motivation and overall good work ethic while performing tasks in a safe manner.
* 8. Skills in interpersonal relations and written and oral communications.
$26.76/hour-Advanced or $29.85-Expert (Journeyman’s Card)
How to Apply
Please use the following link and Req ID to apply:
Req ID 18984
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
- Press Release: Macomb/St. Clair Michigan Works! Wins Grant To Support Industry 4.0 Careers For Local Job Seekers
- On-the-job Training Leads to Full-Time Employment
- Press Release: Macomb/St. Clair Michigan Works! launched Clean Slate Pilot Program in Macomb and St. Clair counties
- MAP+ Pre-Apprenticeship 2021
- Upcoming M/SC Board Meeting