Skilled Production Fabricator
- Full Time
- Sterling Heights, Michigan 48310
- $22.00/hr USD / YEAR
- Industry: Manufacturing
- PMTC#: 55763469
- Salary: $22.00/hr
- July 18, 2022
Website Weave Alloy Products Co
Manufacture woven wire products by using metal wire looms for weaving, brake presses for forming and mig/tig welding processes. Perform all kinds of welding, brazing, and cutting using gas and electric welding equipment. Inspects product to ensure high quality. Responsible for performing diversified duties to troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety procedures. Must have mechanical, fabrication and welding skills. Prior supervision experience is a plus.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/KEY MEASURABLES:
- Check measurements and dimensions of each job by using tools such as rulers, measuring tapes, squares, calipers, etc.*
- Marks spots to cut and use tools to manipulate steel by cutting, hammering, bending or grinding on the job.
- Review blueprints, drawings and other specification papers before starting work on a fabrication process and during the steps to ensure accurate completion.
- Accurately set-up and safely operates metal looms, brake presses, shear presses, and welders.
- Maintains production proficiencies with acceptable levels of through-put and quality. *
- Accurately report counts and time worked on various production “batch runs”. *
- Make templates for common work tasks when conducting repetitive tasks in the fabrication process to ensure a set standard of work quality.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities. *
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service. *
- Use a variety of hand and power tools and material handling equipment in performing duties. *
- Follows instructions given by direct supervisor, work well with peers.
- Works scheduled hours unless receiving prior approval for absents. *
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner according to company and OSHA safety guidelines. *
- Wears the proper protective equipment as required. *
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work well with others. *
- Possess strong basic math skills.
- Ability to use measuring tools. (Tape measure and caliper at minimum)
- Read and comprehend blueprints and sketches.
- Attention to preventing injury to self and others at all times. *
- Attendance is critical*
- High School Graduate or GED
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Position requires standing, walking, lifting, bending, stooping, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, speaking and listening. *
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.*
- This work position is required to work in a manufacturing environment facility.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
To apply, contact HR @ 586.939.0770 or email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tagged as: machine, manufacturing, production
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com